Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Scoping out some tough dates on the schedule ahead, assessing the risk on some new contracts and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- A lot of Caps fans have already mentally shipped Evgeny Kuznetsov to another team – but a Kuznetsov trade may be trickier than you may think. [NBCSW]
- Where does the new Alex Ovechkin deal fall on the risk/reward scale compared to the other free agency deals signed so far? [PHT]
- The upcoming season’s schedule has some tough games and stretches to be aware of. [S&S, THW]
- The Caps may not have made many changes to the lineup this offseason, but it’s a lineup that should still be able to compete at a high level. [S&S]
- Lars Eller got to take in the Citi Open last week, and pick up some pointers from Rafael Nadal and others for his favorite offseason pursuit: tennis. [WCP]
- The Metro Division is lousy with Russian goaltenders. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 69th birthday to Harvey Bennett and happy 59th to Jim Johnson.
Leave a Reply