Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: TVR gets a new deal, looking back at the week that was and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- The Caps have inked defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk to a new two-year contract extension. [Rink, Caps, NHL, The Score, WaPo, NBCSW, NoVa Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- COVID-19 protocols have changed so much about this hockey season, including limiting together time for some NHL brothers like the van Riemsdyks and others. [NHL]
- A look back at the week that was for both the Caps and their division rivals. [Peerless, Caps Outsider, All About the Jersey]
- How have the Caps’ forwards done after the first 31 games of the season? [NoVa Caps]
- A few leftovers from Saturday night’s streak-snapping loss to the Rangers. [Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- After a bit of a cold streak, Alex Ovechkin broke out in a big way and helped fuel his team’s seven-game hot streak. [THW]
- Checking in with the four divisions at the midseason mark. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 44th birthday to Tom Poti, and raise a glass to the memory of the late John Kordic, who would have been 56 today.