Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps take on their Metro pals in Columbus, exploring how Tom Wilson represents a new brand of power forward, and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight’s clash in Columbus from Vogs, CBJ, NBCSW, FLM, Peerless, and NoVa Caps, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at The Cannon for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- An excellent look at how Tom Wilson became the physical force that he is – and how he’s evolving his game to meet the demands of a new NHL. [Sportsnet]
- Everyone knows legend (and recent USHHOF inductee) Neal Henderson; now get to know Betty Dean, the amazing volunteer who has helped keep the Fort Dupont program afloat. [NHL]
- One of the highlights of the season for both players and their families is the annual father/mentor trip, which gives them a rare bit of bonding time. [WaPo]
- A few leftovers from Saturday’s win over the Lightning. [Caps, RMNB, StarsandSticks, Raw Charge]
- The Caps have set themselves up as contenders once again, and they’re taking their cues from their leadership group to do so. [NoVa Caps]
- The week in review for the Caps and their Metro pals. [Peerless, All About the Jersey]
- If the Caps want Ilya Samsonov to be the goalie of the future (especially if Braden Holtby departs this summer), they should give him more starts – now. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 32nd birthday to Mike Weber, and happy 42nd to Eric Belanger.