Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps have no mercy against the shorthanded Bruins, Siegenthaler heads to the Devils and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Rink friend and hockey analyst Chris Watkins joins the JRR crew to talk about the Caps and today’s trade deadline. [Rink]
- The Caps made their first move ahead of the deadline, moving Jonas Siegenthaler to the Devils in exchange for a third-round pick. Best of luck, Siegs! [Rink, Caps, WaPo, NBCSW, The Score, SNY, AP]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Sheary/Wilson, recap), NHL, AP, Reuters, WaPo, NBCSW, Globe, NESN, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and SCoC.
- Any fleeting hopes one may have had about Henrik Lundqvist suiting up for the Caps this season have been dashed, as he’s simply not ready. [ESPN, The Score, WashTimes, PHT, TSN]
- Looking back at the past week for the Caps and their East Division pals. [Peerless, Caps Outsider, All About the Jersey]
- With fans set to return to the building soon, the newest Caps are excited to get the home team experience (or at least a percentage of it) at Capital One Arena. [NBCSW]
- Finally, happy 69th birthday to Mike Bloom, happy 67th to Antero Lehtonen, happy 47th to Roman Hamrlik, and raise a glass to the late Bob Girard, who would have been 72 today.