Hershey Bears/Caroline O’Connor
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Leftovers from Saturday’s win in Motown, a new bears record is set in Hershey and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Last year Hershey fans set a new world record in the Teddy Bear Toss; this year, they demolished that mark, with 45,650 cuddly toys hitting the ice. Amazing. [Bears, Pennlive, ABC27, Caps Outsider, RMNB, NoVa Caps (and again)]
This is now a world record holder and confirmed after the Hitmen only pulled in 25,000+ bears!
45,650 TEDDY BEARS in Hershey!
— Cory Lyons (@CoryLyonsAHL) December 2, 2019
- A few leftovers from Saturday’s win over the Wings. [Caps, RMNB, StarsandSticks]
- The week that was for the Capitals and their Metro division pals. [Peerless, Pensburgh, All About the Jersey]
- Checking in on the farm. [NoVa Caps]
- There will never be another Alex Ovechkin. And thank god. [RMNB]
- Now that the calendar has flipped to December, there’s a fresh batch of games on the schedule to wrap up 2019. [StarsandSticks]
- But first, a look back at a November to remember in the NHL. [NHL]
- Finally, happy 39th birthday to Joel Ward.