Photo by Scott Audette/NHLI via Getty Images
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps kick off their annual mentor’s trip with a stop in Tampa, there may be reason for concern re: Kempny and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Were the Caps cranking out the hits or taking a big swing and a miss this week? That and other mixed metaphors await. [Rink]
- It’s time to discuss the Michal Kempny Situation. [Rink]
- Previews of tonight’s bout with the Bolts from Vogs, Lightning, Peerless, NoVa Caps, and FLM, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Raw Charge for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- Ted Leonsis is determined to get the Caps into a regular-season game in Russia, possibly as soon as next year. [WaPo]
- Ranking the 10 Cup champions of the 2010s (and it never gets old knowing an article like this will include the Caps, does it?) [CBS Sports]
- Tracking the evolution of John Carlson, from Mike Green’s understudy to Norris Trophy contender. [NoVa Caps]
- On Shane Gersich’s evolution and other prospect notes. [NBCSW]
- Happy 53rd birthday to Bill Ranford, and happy 58th to Peter Sundstrom.
- Finally, we join the rest of the hockey family in sending good thoughts and hopes for a full, speedy recovery to the Flyers’ Oskar Lindblom. [Flyers]