Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Orlov’s late-OT snipe puts the Caps on top, Vrana sits out and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Breaking down the eight goals-against from Thursday night and pointing the finger of blame for each one. FUN. [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s OT win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Orlov, Jensen/Wilson, recap), NHL, Devils, WaPo, NBCSW, AP, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and All About the Jersey.
- That win not only extended the Caps’ streak against the Devils to seven games, but it also boosted them back into sole possession of first place. [NBCSW]
- Jakub Vrana was a healthy scratch for last night’s game; could the message being sent by Peter Laviolette help Vrana in the long run? [NBCSW]
- A few more leftovers from that Caps-Isles fiasco. MORE FUN. [Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- Finally, happy 38th birthday to Joey Crabb.