Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps wrap up the season set with the Devils, keeping an eye on the trade deadline and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of today’s series finale against the Devils from Vogs, Devils, AP and Reuters, and be sure to make one final stopover at All About the Jersey to get the Devils’ side of things.
- A few leftovers from Friday night’s win over the Devils. [Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- After that OT win, the Caps are now 7-0-0 against the Devils this season, looking to make it an even eight today. So why have they been in the driver’s seat? [NJ.com]
- It’s starting to shake out to be a three-team race for first in the East – so what does the rest of the season hold for the Caps, Isles and Pens? [NoVa Caps]
- Should the Caps be active come the deadline, here are a few of the players they might consider targeting. [S&S]
- How have the Caps’ blueliners fared over the last five games? [NoVa Caps]
- Breaking down the impressive – and somewhat surprising – season for Daniel Sprong. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 41st birthday to Garret Stroshein, and happy 54th to Rob Murray.