Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps’ fourth line is helping to drive their success, the third line could use a boost, and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- See if the Caps held on to the top spot in this week’s Super 16. [NHL]
- The guys on the fourth line know their strengths, and that’s what has made them so successful so far. [WaPo]
- That fourth line has been a big part of the total team success that has propelled them to the top of the standings thus far. [NHL]
- Now, about that third line… [NBCSW]
- Tom Wilson continues to put up points at a high rate, but he’s in the midst of a little dry spell at five on five. [StarsandSticks]
- Hear from the coach after yesterday’s practice out at Medstar. [Caps video]
- One last look at the Dads and Mentors trip. [Caps365]
- The Caps have been hot so far this season, and their experience should help them keep their focus down the stretch. [NoVa Caps]
- The recent run on championships by DC teams has reminded the sports world that there are real, passionate fans in the DMV. [SI]
- The Caps’ new annual publication, W Magazine, is now available for purchase – get to know more about the team away from the ice. [Caps, video]
- Finally, happy 46th birthday to Andreas Salomonsson, and happy 49th to Robert Lang.