Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Previewing the 2021-22 season for some Caps forwards, the team needs Orlov to step up and more.
Your savory breop takfast links:
- Taking a look at what the season ahead may hold for Nic Dowd and Lars Eller. [Peerless (Dowd, Eller)]
- With some departures on the blueline, the Caps really need Dmitry Orlov to step up his game and have a career season. [THW]
- Garnet Hathaway remains one of the most important pieces in the Caps’ lineup. [WHN]
- Can the Caps shake off some recent disappointments and make a huge leap in 2021-22? [S&S]
- What does one make of the Columbus Blue Jackets this season (aside from the fact that ditching Tortorella makes them slightly more palatable)? [NBCSW]
- 2021 draftee Vincent Iorio is very excited to attend the Caps’ upcoming rookie camp. [NoVa Caps]
- Turner Sports has announced their coverage team for the upcoming season, which includes longtime Caps’ beat writer Tarik El-Bashir. Congrats, Tarik! [AP]
- In other media news, the Caps will continue to be heard on 106.7 The Fan this season, as the team has re-upped its partnership with Audacy. [Caps]
- Looking back at the top ten best draft picks in Caps history. [S&S]
- Finally, happy 63rd birthday to Joel Quenneville, and raise a glass to the memory of Ken Houston, who would be 68 today.