Join the BB team in picking winners for every game this week below!
Week 1 of the 2021 regular season is upon us. That means our annual game picks segment is back in action.
For those who are new readers or need a refresher from last year, here’s the skinny —
Every week, the Baltimore Beatdown staff will pick winners for every game. You, the readers, have the opportunity to go head-to-head against our team by predicting every matchup as well in the polls found below. Standings will be updated week-by-week so you can see where the Baltimore Beatdown faithful stacks up against our writers.
An example from the 2020 season can be found here for reference.
Join in the fun and comment your thoughts below on this week’s action. Happy pick’em season!
Consensus picks —
- Buccaneers > Cowboys (TB -8)
- Bills > Steelers (BUF -6.5)
- Panthers > Jets (CAR -5.5)
- Vikings > Bengals (MIN -3.5)
- Seahawks > Colts (SEA -2.5)
- Chiefs > Browns (KC -6)
- Packers > Saints (GB -4)
- Rams > Bears (LAR -7.5)
- Ravens > Raiders (BAL -5.5)
The staff was in agreement on over half of the 16-game slate in Week 1. Our contributors are going heavy on teams favored by four or more points. The unanimously predicted winners that are the narrowest favorites are the Vikings, who are -3.5 against the Bengals, and the Seahawks. Seattle is getting -2.5 points on the road in Indianapolis.
Other consensus winner predictions include some of the top projected teams in the AFC (Chiefs, Bills, Ravens) and the NFC (Buccaneers, Packers, Rams). It will be interesting to see if any upsets unfold and an underdog proves the Baltimore Beatdown team wrong.
Lone wolf picks —
- Frank is taking the Cardinals to beat the Titans (AZ +3) and the Texans to top the Jaguars at home (HOU +2.5)
- Jake likes the Lions to upset the 49ers as a 7.5-point underdog in Detroit (DET +7.5)